This Must be the Mrs.

Newly married in the Midwest

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

The Day of the Blog

Okay, okay, I'll update my blog. I know that I lead that interesting of a life that you all are begging to hear about it. Please.

However, I do feel it in the air - today is the day of the blog. I am currently reading the book Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden which contains some of the most beautiful writing I have ever encountered.
I'll give you a taste:
"And suddenly everything around me seemed to grow quiet, as if he were the wind that blew and I were just a cloud carried upon it. He was familiar, certainly - more familiar in some ways than my own image in the mirror." (196)

My future 7th grade English class will most defnitely be reading the 434 page novel and loving every word of it! The reason that I thought of this book is because in the book, the geisha are required to only engage in important activities on days that there almanac says are good and I bet if I looked in an alamanac today, it would say: good day to blog. But now that I've rambled for over a paragraph, I'm starting to wonder as I'm sure you are too, just how accurate my intuitive almanac is...

So I totally jammed my knee cap into the corner of my bathroom drawer this morning and I promise you, it is still throbbing over 4 hours later. My dad was dropping off a chair for our new digs on his way to work and I was getting ready in the bathroom and he called me on my cell phone to let me know that he was illegally parked so I needed to hustle, and so as I was hurrying out of the bathroom I neglected to see the open drawer and sprinted right into it. The only rewarding part of the injury was that it did produce a eensy bit of blood, through my jean capris mind you, which always make the pain and whining more believable to onlookers, which is really the whole point of an injury, right?

Uh-oh spaghetti-o the day of the blog looks like it's soon to be over. Mary Ann is coming to pick me up so that we can carpool to work at TLC and work together this afternoon! I'm very excited about that. And I think it's so cool that we get to carpool.

Thanks for czeching the blog out today...spelling check like czech is really much more amusing when you're in the Czech Republic, isn't it?






2 Comments:

  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    ahhhh....redemption! thank you and i love the new look. very maqueeshaesque. love you and will hopefully see you around the "digs"

    lauren

     
  • At 3:37 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    Michaela, Jenny McKee here. Fun blog and I do remember what the last line was (I think) and I remember laughing at your decision to include it. Blogging is an interesting form of communication. By the way, it wigs me out that we have the same format for a blog. You can check mine out at babysunflower.blogspot.com. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home