This Must be the Mrs.

Newly married in the Midwest

Friday, August 06, 2004

Back by Popular Demand

So the question that I posed a couple days ago: "To shower or not to shower?" that accidentally got deleted yesterday has been brought back by popular demand. Who knew?

The whole 'showering is overrated' trend started last year at Love Hall. All my friends were doing it, but I was totally repulsed by the idea of going a day without a shower, I mocked them mercilessly. I was dependent on my shower to wake me up in the morning, blah, blah, blah, I'm sure you all see where this is going. And then one day I had forgotten to set my alarm and had no time to take a shower, and I survived, but I was still unhappy about it - really, where is this story going? I am boring myself.

Anyway, one of the main reasons I didn't always shower daily was because of hair straighteners. Yes, hair straighteners. I wanted to start straigtening my hair, the only hair tool that I can actually work, but I didn't know how to use a blow dryer and it takes a day for my hair to air dry so naturally it was easiest to shower one day, let it dry, and straighten it the next.

I am proud to report though, with lots of hard work and practice I have managed to teach myself how to blow dry my hair this summer, I know most people go to school for years for this kind of thing, but what can I say? I'm gifted. So now I have no excuse of why not to shower. Unless you want to hear about my theory on: if you don't exercise, you don't deserve a shower. But I think we'll put that story in the pocket for a cold, rainy day.

And just for the record Brandon votes: shower!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:00 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    showers are such a hassle. you have to take off all your clothes and get all wet and everything. it's a pain.

    i vote: shower only when necessary - when your Bath and Body Works body splash fails to make you smell good...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home