This Must be the Mrs.

Newly married in the Midwest

Sunday, September 25, 2005

An Apple A Day

Fall puts me in the mood to be outside. To vist pumpkin patches. To go on hayrack rides. To walk on wood-chipped bike paths. To have a glass of wine on my deck.

Fall puts my new husband in the mood to grab a handful of kleenexes. Blue kleenexes. He obsessively buys blue kleenexes - those peachy colored ones just don't cut it.

I invited him to join me in a visitng Martin's Hillside Orchard near Ceresco today. I brought along our new digital camera and insisted on taking pictures of the beautiful Nebraska crops while we drove. He could tell me what all the crops were. My husband can still impress me.

We walked up to the orchard and a lady asked us if we'd ever been to an apple orchard. She explained to us how to pick raspberries but didn't want to overwhelm so we'd learn about apple picking later. Brandon felt like we were patronized. I appreciated the help. As we picked our raspberries Brandon said, "Life sure changes when you're married."

Cheers to many more fall Sundays of apple orchards and drives in the country and blue kleenexes. Sunday afternoon football can go on without us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home