This Must be the Mrs.

Newly married in the Midwest

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Butterscotch candy

I am sucking on a piece of butterscotch candy and thinking about my dad's old office. He always had a supply of butterscotch candy in a glass dish sitting on his desk.

I loved to go spend a Saturday morning with Dad at work. He would read briefs and I would draw pictures on the marker board in the conference room or doodle all over a yellow legal pad with his red pen. I wrote Dad messages on sticky notes framed with hearts that said I LOVE U DAD!!!!!!! He kept those notes and still has them displayed.

Sometimes I would wander around the office when he would get a phone call and snoop around all the other lawyer's offices. They didn't have candy on their desks. They had pictures of their family in golf tee frames. They had fancy art and leather chairs and mini fridges full of Diet Coke. We would sometimes run into the cleaning lady while we there - she was really nice.

When my sister and brother came along too, we would race up and down the hallway and play hangman on the markerboard. We left the candy dish empty. Dad didn't get much work done on those Saturdays because one of us would inevitably end up in tears fuming mad at the two other siblings who ganged up on the other (the "other" was usually me).

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My bff is Katie. She posts cool comments on my blog. She posts pictures of my wedding in magazines. She is my hair twin - she knows what it's like to have thick curly hair and what it's like to straighten that hair. She deserves props today.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home