This Must be the Mrs.

Newly married in the Midwest

Monday, October 03, 2005

Swell

I answered the phone at work today and asked a lady if she would like to be transferred to voice mail, she said, "That would be swell."

------------------------

Also at work, a client was waiting in the lobby and started talking to me about the Nebraska game this weekend. He conversationally told me that he has irratable bowel syndrome and was in the bathroom all of 4th quarter. How can people be so eager to share this kind of information with a stranger?

_____________________________

Brandon and I visited the wood and glass chapel this weekend. You can see it from the interstate and it is just stunning. It is so simple and serene. It reminded me of my peace-loving aunt and uncle. We decided to hike a bit around the area. I so desire to be an outdoorsy girl, but those jumping grasshoppers don't even give me a chance. Do they sting anyone else's legs as much as they do mine?

I guess I will always be a city girl - which my grandpa gets a kick out of when we go for a walk on their gravel road and he picks up a bull snake and flings it into the ditch. I would be impressed if I hadn't sprinted the mile back to their house for safety.

________________________________

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home